Norfolk Southern Locomotive 9245 in Old Town Manassas, Virginia

(C) 2022, Allen Pearson Photography
"Norfolk Southern Locomotive 9245 in
Old Town Manassas, Virginia"

(C) 2022, Allen Pearson Photography
 

After I retired, I volunteered at the Visitor Center located in the train station in Manassas, VA. I thought this would be the perfect place to volunteer because I knew quite a bit about Manassas, and I might see a few trains. 

I quickly learned that the Virginia Railway Express commuter train and the three helpers photographed are about the only trains which go through Old Town Manassas these days. In the long run of volunteering at the Visitors Center, I saw maybe a handful of trains go through Old Town Manassas. Which is unlike the days when I was a young boy living in the area which saw quite a few trains. Nowadays, most trains take the B-Line and avoid Washington D.C. area.


If you enjoy our posts, please click the Follow button located in the right-side column. 

Comments